Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39

Thread: Taking from another post, The Oct 28 setlist

  1. #21
    Inactive Member Erica S. Is A Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2003
    Posts
    178
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think everyone has self-titled shoved way too far up their ass. [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

  2. #22
    Inactive Member Little Devil Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2003
    Posts
    126
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Erica S. Is A Man:
    I think he should appeal to us A LOT more than he is doing now. I'm not saying every song, but mix it up, so all his fans are satisfied. Is that too much to ask for?
    [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">And while he's at it.. he ought to toss in his soul.. I mean after all, don't we deserve that too? [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img]

    I consider myself a loyal fan, I don't think they need to play my specific dream set list to remain my favorite band. Social D is a band that can go 10 years without releasing an album and still sell out a months worth of back to back shows. They have a stage performance that can't be beat. Songs like Ball and Chain, Sickboys, Ring of Fire, Prison Bound, MLM and Story of My Life are what brought them where they are today. When I saw the Stray Cats at hoot, I wasn't the only one happy to hear the hits.. some songs just make up the band. Seems like you're the only fan unsatisfied. If the shows bug you so much.. then don't waste your money seeing how you can expect to hear the same songs. Or roll the dice, go to the show, and spare us the bitchfest because you didn't hear the herion addict theme song you paid 26 hopefull dollars to hear.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member Erica S. Is A Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2003
    Posts
    178
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Let me just say this again, Self-titled shoved way too far up the ass.

  4. #24
    Inactive Member Erica S. Is A Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2003
    Posts
    178
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I could only wonder what everyones favorite Social D album is. [img]graemlins/idea.gif[/img]

  5. #25
    Inactive Member PomadeKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2003
    Posts
    106
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i dont really have a favorite album.

    i like Live at the Ritz, and Live at the Roxy. cuz it captures their live energy.

    and i like different songs from different albums.

    i feel bad for the dude from Montana....D aint never gonna go there. we should start up a fund to get him to a social d show.

    Ness/management knows that the die hard longtime fans come to shows, but if they play a list that everyone knows, all the newbies will come to the show and be amazed cuz they heard all the songs that they know.

    there is know point in playin a show with all obscure old tracks, all the new people in the crowd will be like "what the hell??"

    pK

  6. #26
    Inactive Member joshroush's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 12th, 2003
    Posts
    591
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ive said it before, and ill say it again, I dont like the self titled, I like the songs, i just dont care for the over all sound. If I had to pick my "dream setlist" yeah it would be mainly MLM, WLWHWT, and new shit. But it aint gonna fuckin happen. Oh well, big fuckin deal. Oh yeah, my favorite album is Roxy to, but ill have to steal pomades reason, Roxy was my first album and Self titled let me down alot after i heard it. But its still fuckin awesome.

    And also, im gonna have to put pics up of my new sxdx sleeve im startin, it goes from my shoulder to a little above my elbow right now and is about 3/4 filled.

  7. #27
    Inactive Member Mattabilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2003
    Posts
    87
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for the recognition Pomadeking, I watch the tour dates for SD from time to time. I think they've played Spokane before, that's only a three hour drive. I did that to see the the Rev a couple years ago. I can't remember why I didn't make it, may have been around the time my son was born. Couldn't miss that. Which makes me think, I can't wait to some day hand my son an SD cd and see what he thinks!

  8. #28
    Inactive Member syckgirlSFV's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    507
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    all I can say is that if you don't like the damn setlist, stay the fuck home! I could give a shit if they played the same 5 songs 3 times each, I'd still absolutely love it and have a great time. Simply because, no matter what they play they always deliver the energy and talent that is, always was, and always will be SOCIAL D! I'll be there MOnday Night....anyone else going? I know we already covered this a few weeks ago but I'll be damned if I can remember who's going to what show! [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]

  9. #29
    Inactive Member Two-bagz's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 2003
    Posts
    210
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Look I've seen SxDx more times than most people and What I posted above is just MY opinion... If your hating on ALL the people who live in OC then pack up and move out here... Listen I just want to hear more songs, I'm a fan but I not loyal at all I want to hear good music and the "same old shit" setlist is good but just gets old, its like watching a rerun of your favorate TV show over and over and over and paying $25 each time...

    Please try to see things through my eye's...

  10. #30
    Inactive Member Two-bagz's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 2003
    Posts
    210
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey syckbitchSFV no one's talking to you SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •